Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blythe, California and its busy (Ha, Ha) Municiple Airport

Back from PHX Slide Fest 2012 where everyone had a fantastic time. It was very nice to see some old friends and make some new ones.
 
I drove to Phoenix which is a six hour drive from Long Beach but it was a very easy no fuss, no muss drive. Just before I crossed the border leaving California and entering Arizona, I stopped at Blythe Municple Airport to see what I might find. 
 
As I drove toward the lone hanger at the airport I saw that an Ameriflight Beech 99A was parked on the ramp in gorgeous sun just waiting to be photographed. I checked with a gentleman seated in front of the ops office if it would be okay to walk out on the ramp to take few photos and he mumbled softly that it would be fine. 
 
I headed out onto the ramp and got my photos and thought to myself how nice it would be if every airport was this accessible to take photos.  
 
Below are the results of my short stay at Blythe (BLH/KBLH), California Municple Airport.
 
 The entrance to Blythe Municiple Airport (BLH/KBLH).
 The just slightly under utilized passenger terminal.
 Ameriflight Beech 99A (c/n U-105) N34AK rests in the morning sun.
 
(Photos by Michael Carter)   

No comments: